Sunday, May 13, 2012

Our Wedding Part 1 – Getting Ready & Ceremony


My wonderful husband and I were married on May 21st, 2011. It was the first sunny and warm day of the Spring, the weather leading up to it was just plain scary! Anyway, happily we had some amazing weather. As I sit down to write this out a year later, I’m realizing I really should have done this sooner, it’s hard to remember all of the details!

The day started out with a trip to the salon with my bridesmaids, my mom, and my mother-in-law to be. We all had our hair and makeup done, and the salon put on a breakfast for us. I am really glad I got to spend the morning surrounded by all the important women in my life. Sadly, we have no pictures of this!! It’s one of my regrets for sure.

Meanwhile, my husband to be was getting ready with his best man and his father. After the salon, his mom and sister (one of my bridesmaids!) joined them and our photographer’s assistant took some photos.



Back at our house, our photographer, Melissa Johnston, showed up and started snapping some pictures of us all getting ready. I opened the card that my husband left for me, and it was so sweet.



My mom and sister helped me get dressed, and my dad saw me for the first time.


The morning was a whirlwind. I couldn’t believe when it was time to head to the church. My dad took me in his truck!!


At the church, the girls, my dad, and I waited in the back room, and the ceremony began with my brother-in-law seating my mom and my adorable niece, and my husband’s parents were seated as well.



Then it was time. My husband and the other groomsmen came down the aisle with our minister.



The girls all left the back room and we made our way towards the doors of the church. I distinctly remember my dad asking me if I was ready, and joking that I still had time to back out. I think I giggled nervously… and then we walked.



Our ceremony was a traditonal Anglican service. I won’t go into too many details, let’s just see a few pictures, shall we?


And then, just like that, we were married! 


To be continued...

*All photos are credited to Melissa Johnston.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...