Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday Weight Watchers Update!

I have some great news to share! I went to Weight Watchers this morning and this week I lost 2 pounds! Even with some pretty terrible eating last weekend. I am so psyched about this. I am back under 170 pounds for the first time since just after our wedding. I am at 169 right now, and I was about 165 at our wedding. I am so proud of myself. It feels so great to be in control of something. Weight loss is great that way, and awesome for the self esteem.

This week I managed to go to the gym twice. The first day I took it pretty easy on the elliptical and did 35 minutes. The next day though, I actually ran on the treadmill for the first time in well over a year. I only made it about 2.25 miles, but it felt amazing. I forgot how much I actually LIKE running.  I have been dealing with pretty chronic back pain since I was about twelve years old, and my physiotherapist suggested not running anymore, but I think if I keep the runs fairly short it might be ok. We'll see how it goes! I can't wait to build up some more mileage (probably only up to 6ish miles)!

I am been thinking about my next steps and goals, and I definitely want to keep running. I am planning on signing up for a 10k race in the fall. As far as weight goals, I am planning on getting down to 160 and then re-evaluating, and possibly going to 155. In high school I weighed 145 pounds but I don't think I can possibly get there again, so I think 160 is pretty reasonable. Only 9 pounds to go :)

Has anyone reached any weight loss or fitness goals/milestones recently?

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Yay for weight loss! Send some of your amazing motivation my way please :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...