Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I've got a confession to make...

Anyone singing that Foo Fighters song? Perfect. Mission accomplished.
Ok here it goes: I quit Weight Watchers.

Yep, I did. After all of the posting about it, I decided that it just wasn’t worth the money right now. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great way to lose weight, and I do feel that they really promote a healthy lifestyle and not just a fad method of losing weight fast. It’s great, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to drop a few (or many) pounds.

Why did I quit? It goes back to struggling with my self-esteem. I got so focused on weight loss, and I am not sure it was good for me. I felt guilty every single time I strayed from my points. I guess that’s pretty normal, but the issue for me was, I am not overweight. I don’t have a ton to lose, and I am trying really hard to actually create a lifestyle I am happy with, and feeling guilty about having one cookie is just not my idea of a good time.

Here I am looking happy! I heard you shouldn't blog without photos so that's why this is here, awkwardly placed in the middle of a wordy blog post :P
So, about 2 weeks ago, I quit. I decided to lose the last 5 or 6 pounds on my own, with the tools that WW has taught me. In two weeks I have only lost 1 pound, but I am happy about it. I have been exercising a lot more, and having treats on the weekends, and overall I just feel happier. Yesterday I ate a muffin because I haven’t had one in months and really felt like it, and then I went to the gym.
This is exactly the kind of relationship I want with food. One where I typically eat very health and get lots of exercise, and as a result, treat myself on occasion without feeling guilty. I'm hoping this doesn't end with me gaining back the 15 pounds I have lost... only time will tell. Now if you'll excuse me, it's time to hit the gym!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for doing what feels right for you!! LOVE those running shoes, I need a new pair!

Unknown said...

This is so great to hear! I'm so against counting calories or any weight loss program. It can be really life consuming and a lot of times discouraging. Can't wait to hear your progress!

Cathy said...

Good for you. I've done the same thing myself, eat healthy majority of the time, swim so that I keep fit and can afford to have the odd treat when I feel like it. You'll be fine and ps I love that Foo Fighters song

Sarah said...

Thanks! The shoes are pretty old actually, I need a new pair. Definitely recommend Saucony though!!!

Sarah said...

Totally agree, and I think it's very all consuming for certain types of personalities! It definitely is for me, but it probably does work out for some people. Thank you so much for stopping by!!

Sarah said...

It really is the best way to live, isn't it? I am hoping I can find the balance and not gain the weight back. Good luck to you too!

Sweet Mama M said...

I completely agree - I lost 10 kilograms (around 22 pounds?) on WeightWatchers and have so far lost 7 kilograms (around 16 pounds?) by myself. It was great for normalising my eating habits but then the meetings started to get repetitive and I didn't enjoy it anymore. When I think I need a bit of a check about what I'm eating, I log calories in My Fitness Pal, but I certainly don't do it every day. I'm happier and healthier this way!

Tiffany said...

Good job! I did WW a few years back and oh my god, THE GUILT! That doesn't help you feel better about yourself at all. I MUST start exercising, period.

Sarah said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this! Congrats on the weight loss so far, that's really great!!!!

Sarah said...

EXACTLY. The guilt was killing me! I just want a cookie once a month, is that really too much to ask??? Exercise is key.

Kim said...

Good job on finding a lifestyle plan that works for you! I stick to a pretty strict vegan/oil-free diet at home, but then I don't feel so guilty about lunches out every once in awhile at work. I'm also exercising between 4-6 times per week. Like you, I have a small amount of weight to lose, and would prefer to do it on my own terms, even if it takes a bit longer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...