Wednesday, July 4, 2012

My two greatest loves...

Well, excluding my husband. My two greatest loves are chocolate and peanut butter, and what's better than your two greatest loves together in one great concoction? Not much I say!
Last year I had some of my coworkers over to our house for a barbecue, and I made a chocolate peanut butter cake, with Reese's peanut butter cups and everything. When I planned another barbecue for this year, I had many requests for a repeat! Not one to make the same thing twice, I went searching for a similar but different option. This is what I came up with: Peanut Butter Chocolate PIE.
The crust is oreo cookie crumbs, which I bought pre-crushed. You prepare them according to the directions on the box, and press it into a 9 inch pie plate. The set it aside and prepare the filling.
Peanut butter filling:

8 ounces of cream cheese (1 block)
1 cup of peanut putter (I used No Name and it was great!)
1 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 cup of heavy cream (I used whipping cream)

In a large bowl, use a hand held mixer to beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. In a second bowl, whip the whipping cream until firm (firmer than if you wanted whipped cream). Mix the cream with the cream cheese and peanut butter mixture. Spoon the filling into the crust. Put this in the fridge, uncovered, for an hour.
Chocolate Ganache Topping:

1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup of heavy cream
1/2 cup of chopped peanuts

Put the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high in 15 second increments until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Pour mixture over the peanut butter layer, and then sprinkle the peanuts all over the top. Refrigerate uncovered for about 3 hours.

Voila! Pretty easy and impressive dessert. Enjoy!


6 comments:

Shoshanah said...

This looks so delicious, and now I'm craving something peanut butter & chocolate. Unfortunately we don't really have the supplies to make this immediately otherwise I'd already be in the kitchen.

And just letting you know I'm Miss Ariel on weddingbee!

Anonymous said...

Holy FLIP that looks good. I love chocolate and peanut butter! And pie just makes everything better!
Now...how many WW points do I need to set aside to eat the whole thing??
- AlleyRose/Redsmarties

Cathy said...

Yum again.

p.s. I'm from Weddingbee too

Sarah said...

Oh, I mean, if you saved a week's worth of points I am sure you'd be good to go... :P

Sarah said...

I'm sad you didn't have the supplies because it is the best cure for a chocolate peanut butter craving! Thanks for stopping by!!!

Sarah said...

Yep, pretty amazing! I can't wait to try making it again! Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...