Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Favorites!

I'm a lucky girl, yesterday was faux Friday for me! I am off again this Friday, but this time I took a vacation day. Just felt like I needed it! Anyhow, like most of my Fridays off, I am busy cleaning up the house and doing laundry. It's especially necessary this week since we were away last weekend and things have definitely been neglected.
This week went pretty quick, since it was only a 3 day work week for me! It was pretty busy too, on Tuesday night we went and upgraded our iPhones. We both had the 3GS and now we both have the 4. We're behind the times, but we're economically conscience (read: cheap) so we always go for the earlier model for the cheaper price :) In this case it saved us $125! Siri sounds cool and all, but I can live without it. Oh, and you betcha I got the pretty white one this time!

Anyhow, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Here are my favorite blog posts of the week, in no particular order:

There are two ways to look at life... over on Kate Henley. Beautiful post about positivity and life. I really loved reading this yesterday, I am always finding it hard to stop viewing everything that happens with complete negativity. This helped.

our last days of summer bucket list... over on Sunny with a Chance of Sprinkles. Short and sweet! Loved the idea of creating this list. Our summer days are numbered!!

these are my [confessions]... over on In this Beautiful Life.

Facebook Rehab: Day 1... over on Diary of a Blonde Newlywed. I have tried to give up Facebook several times and have never been successful!

A Stenciled Accent Wall... over on Love & Renovations. Loved the end result and it's a cool idea!

Lastly, even though I am new to the blogging world, I really wanted to share this post and button (I'll be putting it on my sidebar for sure!) from five30three. Please please please turn off the word verification on comments! It's very frustrating, especially if you don't get the words right in one try :) Have a fabulous weekend!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, that picture is hilarious! I really need to clean my house too.

Yes!! Stop word verification.

Amanda said...

That picture is hilarious, but Hoarders totally has the opposite effect on me - it makes me want to frantically clean every inch of my house!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I despise word verification too! Drives me crazy---there are a few blogs that I know to not even comment on because I can never get the word right.

Anonymous said...

I love that picture, I definitely don't feel so bad now :D Hoarders gives me the heeby jeebies. I cannot figure out how people are okay with living like that. Oh gosh.
Oh so jealous that you got the new iPhone! I want one SO dang bad. But I can't afford it right now. Darn :D
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Katie said...

Following you back from the GFC blog hop :) I just had to comment on this post. I hate word verification too as it is so frustrating. I've definitely been put off from commenting when I can't get it right the first time. Looking forward to reading more from you :)
Katie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...