Thursday, September 20, 2012

Oh my god, it's a new post! Fall Shows I am psyched for!

I am once again coming out of hiding! Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things starting now. I have missed all of you guys :) I just haven't done much worthy of blog posting. That needs to change, stat! This photo basically sums up life since I last posted:
I meant to post about this sooner, but ya know, I didn't. Anyway, a lot of Fall shows haven't started yet, so I think I am still in time! I love when the new TV season starts. My summer was full of Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad, but now I am ready for all of my regular TV fixes. I like to say that we don't watch a ton of TV, but then when I list things out, it kind of feels like we do. Oh well. We could have worse hobbies, right?

Here is the rundown of shows I am most excited about.

1. Parenthood - I didn't start watching this show until the 3rd season, and I can't believe it took me so long. I absolutely adore Lauren Graham, and she's so great on this show. I cry during almost every episode, either tears of sadness, or happy ones. It's dramatic and funny all at the same time and I can't get enough!

2. The Voice - This is the ONE reality show I watch, and my husband will watch it too. It just seems different from the other singing shows. Mostly, I like that they don't bring terrible people on and make fun of them. I always hated that about American Idol because I feel like it's just cruel. I was really sad when I heard Christina and Cee Lo won't be around next season though... that might spell the end of watching it for me!

3. How I Met Your Mother - I've been watching this from beginning and it's starting to get a bit old. I mostly watch this now because I feel so invested in finding out who the damned mother is. It's like I can't look away!!! Anyway, here's hoping this season is the one!

4. Dexter - Love. Love. Love. What more can I say? While everyone else seems to think last season sucked, I actually really loved it. I could do without the weird feelings Deb now has, but I am willing to look past it. Can't wait to see the premiere!

5. Law & Order: SVU - Both my husband and I just enjoy watching this show, it's consistently good and entertaining. Nothing earth shattering here, but I like it :)

6. Modern Family - Hilarious show. I cannot wait to see how everything unfolds with Gloria's pregnancy!!!!

Notice there are no new shows on that list. I just can't get into anything, seems like the networks are having a lot of trouble coming up with original content!!!!!

What about you guys? What are your favorites?

9 comments:

Jill said...

So glad you're back!! Have you watched The New Normal on NBC? It reminds me of Modern Family a bit, so if you're cruising for a new show, that might work for you :)

kjpugs said...

I heard a rumor that Marshall - whatever his name is in real life- won't be coming back after this season. With all the future flashes you'd think they would have to end it then because he's in all of them! And I LOOOVED Dexter when I had Showtime... jealous!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for the Fall shows to come back! I love Dexter :D My boyfriend and I got hooked on it last season. Oh and we love Law & Order: SVU!

Kim said...

I have heard great things about Dexter but haven't found the time to watch. I'm excited for the final season of Gossip Girl, but that's about it.

Unknown said...

I am also excited to see Dexter come back - I have to say I am one of those ppl that did not enjoy last season as much as others. However, I am loyal to it bc it's always been one of my favs and I am confident they can bring it back around. I hate the Deb story line (in fact, I wish they would give her a good story line PERIOD) but I am intrigued by the lab guy who bought the body part online, etc...they kind of left that hanging and I'm intrigued to see where that goes. I just recently got into HIMYM and it's quite funny - a rather kooky show, but I like the originality. I'm also excited to see New Girl, Don't Trust the B**** in Apt 23, and Downton Abbey again :)

Unknown said...

No, no, no! New Girl, Big Bang, and that's about it. haha!

Tiffany said...

Welcome back! Without cable, I'm bummed about fall TV. I will have to wait until I can find Dexter online!

Anonymous said...

As much as I like HIMYM, I'm ready for the show to wrap up and tell us who the mother is already. Ted is starting to get whiny for me. My husband is about to give up on the show because they've dragged it out for so long--I've convinced him to give it one more season.

K said...

Welcome back! I love reading your blog :) I'm so excited for How I Met Your Mother: it's the only show I really watch new episodes for. Oh, and I sometimes watch The Voice: always entertaining!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...