Saturday, February 16, 2013

Our mini-babymoon!

Two weeks ago we drove about an hour and a half from our house to spend two nights at a bed and breakfast (Islandview Inn) in the little touristy town called Gananoque. Since it was winter, there wasn't much to do, but that was exactly what we had in mind anyway. It was a fabulously quiet weekend.
I finished reading The Happiness Project, and started and finished an excellent book called The Birth House. Both were great reads and I definitely recommend them! Since we spent most of our time in the room, those are the only pictures I have... oops. At least the room was beautiful :) I didn't even take any photos of us! Or the town! Or the food we ate, although outside of the amazing breakfast we were served both morning, there wasn't much to rave about on the food front.
If you're ever in the 1000 Islands area I definitely recommend the Islandview Inn! It was gorgeous, close to everything, which would have been a bigger deal in the summer, and the owner Lisa was so friendly, and such an amazing cook! All in all it was such a great break from my to-do lists and nursery preparation!

Have you been on any mini-vacations lately?

1 comment:

Shoshanah said...

I've read great things about The Birth House. Definitely a book I hope to get to soon.

And the last mini-vacation we were on was about a year ago when we spent a long weekend in Nashville. Although I'd love to spend a long weekend just relaxing in a bed and breakfast next time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...