Sunday, February 3, 2013

The 3rd trimester so far...

I have been gone a while, I know, and I'm sorry! Things are just a bit busy and it's hard to make time to blog. I've also been extremely tired again, like I was in the first trimester! It makes sense since I am carrying around a lot of extra weight these days. I would say I had a few days last week where I was really uncomfortable. Fortunately it's not every day... yet.

My third trimester has been going well so far, aside from a few hiccups. I had a little bit of spotting that sent me in to the midwife about 2 weeks ago, completely freaked out. It turned out to probably be related to a low-lying placenta. I had an ultrasound a couple of days ago, and the low-lying placenta they found at 19 weeks is still low. Apparently this can cause spotting. The good news? Baby girl looks completely healthy and happy! I have to go back in a few weeks to see if the placenta has moved up at all. If it doesn't move up I am looking at a c-section delivery, so please send your awesome placenta moving up thoughts my way :)

The nursery is pretty much completed. All we have left to do is hang a shelf that my grandfather made, we've been putting it off because it involves using a stud finder and a drill, and neither of us is particularly handy. I mean, we'll get it done, but it's not something we're keen to do. After we get the shelf hung I will definitely take a bunch of photos and have a reveal here on the blog!

For now, here's a recap of my growing bump! I definitely noticed a HUGE increase from 29 to 30 weeks. Holy cow!

4 comments:

Belly (Liz McLennan) said...

You look great, Sarah...blossoming and happy. I remember the third tri tired well. My doc told me that it was my body's way of preparing and that I needed to slow down and rest.

Sending "placenta move up" vibes your way, sweetheart. You're in the final stretch - my, how time has flown. So excited for you!

Tiffany said...

It is getting so close!! You look great. Good luck with your last few weeks!

Anonymous said...

Placenta thoughts headed your way!

Cathy said...

Hope your placenta moves up! My word your bump has grown. Would've said you were having a boy as you're all front.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...